Conduct negotiations to establish win-win outcomes for the organisation
Course Duration: 16 hrs 50 mins
Mode of Assessment: You will be assessed through course assessment exercises.
Who Should Attend: The target audience of this course include the following:
- Practicing real estate salespersons
- PMEs employed by S-REITs (for leasing activities)
- PMEs employed in licensed real estate agencies
- PMEs aspiring to be real estate salespersons
- Real estate salespersons in supervisory capacity
- Licensed real estate agents and agency leaders
- Business executives of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
This course seeks to deepen the knowledge and skills of all the parties involved including salespersons transacting the deals, business executives working for the tenant corporations, leasing executives working for S-REITs, and many other stakeholders who may in one way or another be facilitating the negotiation, e.g. para-legal, appraisers, mortgage brokers etc.
It will offer a unique insight into how to achieve a win-win outcome for the negotiating parties who are in an adversarial position at first.
Next Available Schedule:
Start Date: 21 April 2022
End Date: 22 April 2022
Course Duration: 16 hours 50 mins
No. of Seats: 20
Registration closes in:
Registration closes 1 day before course begins.
The objective of the course is to address the performance gaps and training needs of individuals whose job requires them to communicate different interests and positions over a real estate transaction with another party with opposing interests and positions and to establish win-win outcomes for the organisation. This course aims to upskill the audience by imparting to them the foundational understanding of business negotiations for real estate activities, including both sale/purchase and leasing – for residential dwellings and for business operations.
The objectives of negotiations are to ensure that the interests of the larger economy, and both the resident and expatriate communities, are adequately and ably served through fruitful commercial transactions.
Besides upskilling individual learners whose jobs require them to negotiate effectively, it can also reskill learners seeking employment in job roles that require persuasive skillsets and enhance employability for jobseekers.
Assumed Knowledge and Skills
Learners should preferably:
- Have basic literacy skills to read instructions (Preferably possess at least WPL level 5)
- Have numeracy skills to prepare calculations (Preferably possess at least WPL level 5)
- Have interpersonal and communication skills to prepare and present reports to immediate supervisors
The WSQ course seeks to Upskill learners whose job requires them to negotiate effectively. However, for learners who intend to venture into job roles that require the persuasive skills, this course is suitable and will enhance the learner’s employability.
The WSQ course will cover the following essential topics:
- Introduction to negotiation – the life blood of business
- Determine objective, outcomes & strategies of negotiation – the WHY
- Negotiate price, price-related, and non-price terms – the WHAT of negotiation
- Negotiate with the principals, adversaries, and others – the WHO of negotiation
- Start and end negotiation – the WHEN of negotiation
- Apply common negotiation Techniques & Skills – the HOW of negotiation
- Apply conflict resolution Techniques during negotiations
- Report and review negotiation process
- Reflect on past negotiations to improve process
Certificate Obtained and Conferred by
Participants who have successfully demonstrated competence in all the knowledge and skills requirements in this program will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This program is offered on a modular basis only.
Mapped Technical Skills and Competencies (TSC) standards in the functional area of Business Management, i.e., BEV-BIN-3105-1.1 in the Built Environment skills framework.
Medium of Instruction: English
Assessments: Online Quiz after each learning Unit and a Role Play
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1: 20
|Individual Sponsored Trainee*|
|Before GST||With GST|
|Full Course Fees||$300||$321|
|Singapore Citizens (SCs) & ^Permanent Residents (SPRs) 21-39 years old||$150||$171|
|SPRs > 40 years old||$150||$171|
|SCs > 40 years old||$90||$111|
Note: To enjoy course fee funding, you may enrol directly with SSG’s CET Centres or training providers delivering SSG-supported courses. You will only need to pay the net course fee (full course fee after SSG’s grant).
To check if a course is supported by SSG, click https://www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg/content/portal/en/training-exchange/course-landing.html
^SPRs > 40 years old enjoy only 50% SSG course funding
Funding Eligibility Criteria:
|Individual Sponsored Trainee||Company Sponsored Trainee|
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
Absentee Payroll Funding (only for Company Sponsored Trainee)
- $4.50 per hour computed based on the actual number of training hours attended by the trainee.
- AP funding is capped at $100,000 per enterprise per calendar year.
Our course facilitator will verify your details and contact you to make payment after that. You can opt for online payment via PayPal, bank transfer or PayNow to our company. The course facilitator will share more details will be shared with you.
We are sorry to hear that! There is an option to postpone the course for learners who cannot attend on the scheduled date. Just fill in the Course Reschedule form and email it to us at email@example.com.